A ‘full-immersion’ summer course to help you communicate with the world.
New Courses Coming Soon!
Stay tuned for more details!
We will always post new information to these social media platforms several days before making it public, so that our followers always have a chance to register before the courses and events fill up!!!
- Each course features 3 lessons, with a total of 15 hours
- July and August only
- Mother-tongue instructor
- 220.00 euro / 190.00 euro for early registration
This original course format provides English students of all levels the opportunity to quickly improve their English skills over the summer months by providing an intensive ‘full-immersion’ experience within the relaxing and stimulating atmosphere of the exquisite Casa Gentili garden.
Nothing helps one learn more than being at ease, and few places will put you at ease like this idyllic historical oasis nestled in the peaceful countryside between Pisa and Lucca (see map below).
In addition to this magical setting, the subject matter of these courses will also revolve around the creative arts, particularly literature and cinema, so as to inspire the imagination and open the mind to new knowledge and language acquisition.
Course Program: Intense Work and Leisure
Each of these courses will be comprised of 3 consecutive evening sessions, 5 hours each, and will feature a carefully balanced program of intense concentration and study, coupled with more casual social activities (maximum 10 participants), not unlike what one experiences while attending conferences, working or studying abroad, etc.
Each of the three evening session will be structured as follows:
- First 90-minute language lesson focusing on the most challenging grammar points and linguistic skills appropriate to the specific level of the course. We will use literary texts and recordings, as well as portions of films to help illustrate the practical use of the subjects covered in the lesson.
- 30-minute coffee break during which the group will chat, review notes and rest.
- Second 90-minute language lesson during which we will practice and further explore the themes introduced in the first lesson. Here, too, art, literature and cinema will serve as the focal point of these exercises.
- A relaxing walk along the Serchio river during which we will freely discuss the topics from the evening’s lessons as well as any other linguistic questions students may have.
- A tasty buffet dinner will conclude the evening and provide an informal setting where we can freely discuss any topic of interest and help build confidence for using English in real-life social situations.
All activities will be conducted entirely in English and with the support of the instructor.
Download the flyer here.
Course Dates & Times
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, from 16:00 to 21:00
- Session (1) => July 6, 7 and 8
- Session (2) => August 10, 11 and 12
- Session (1) => July 13, 14 and 15
- Session (2) => August 17, 18 and 19
- Session (1) => July 20, 21 and 22
- Session (2) => August 3, 4 and 5
If you don’t see your preferred level and dates, please let us know and perhaps we will be able to accommodate you with a new group course.
The course fee includes the 15-hour ‘full-immersion’ English course, all required materials, drinks and refreshments, 3 buffet dinners, and a certificate of participation.
All courses will be led entirely by Prof. Shemtov, a native speaker from N.Y. with certification from both the University of Cambridge and Berlitz. He has been successfully using these diverse teaching styles for over 15 years in N.Y., Prague, Berlin and Pisa.
In 2014 he founded the Tuscan English Academy with the intent of offering innovative new language programs that incorporate the best elements of each teaching style and draw upon his vast range of experience teaching individuals and groups of all levels, professions and walks of life.
The underlying philosophy of all these programs is ‘Learn English through your passions,’ since we believe that when the mind is genuinely interested and engaged, language acquisition becomes an act of pleasure, and students are able to grasp and maintain new skills with far greater efficiency.
Register in 3 Easy Steps:
1) Contact us by email or phone so that we can help you choose the best course for you.
2) Fill out the registration form and receive information about how to pay.
3) After making the payment, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration along with an invoice.
Each course will only be confirmed if a minimum of 5 students register up to 5 days before the starting date of the course. In the event that a course is cancelled, those who have paid for their course will be refunded in full.
If you cancel within one week before the scheduled starting date of the course, you can choose between receiving an 80% refund or using the entire paid amount towards another Tuscan English Academy course. If you cancel less than a week before the scheduled starting date of the course, you can choose between receiving a 50% refund or using 80% of the paid amount towards another Tuscan English Academy course.
If you have any questions about the course or the registration process, please don’t hesitate to contact us: